Thank God, we are FINALLY replacing our awful Duraceramic Congoleum tile!

We had Congoleum tile professionally installed, because it was advertised as having superior durability.What a joke!

This stuff breaks, dents, and chips more easily than any other tile I've ever seen. A child's toy dropped on this tile caused the top layer to actually break and flake off. After just a year, the floor was thoroughly cracked and broken, with missing pieces large enough to see the concrete foundation through. This tile is so bad, there's even a "Congoleum by Duraceramic tile sucks" Facebook page (that I found; I didn't create it).

Finally, we are having it replaced with proper tile.Too bad it means we have to pay a second time to have our floor tile done because of Congoleum.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.

More Review Details

Helpful? 5 Yes 5 1 No 1
Had the same issue 17 Yes 17
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

May 27, 2015 #988603

Not a Duraceramic problem, as a contractor I can see the concrete cracked beneath your Duraceramic, how can the Duraceramic be expected to hold up when the substrate supposed to support the Duraceramic failed first? IMHO Ceramic tile would have been way worse with less foundation cracking.

0 0 Reply

Nov 16, 2014 #901295 Seattle, Washington

FYI, the way it's cracking suggests foundational issue ( settling/sinking). If this is the case, it will happen with any tile product.

2 1 Reply

Sep 12, 2014 #869355

That crack would have been caused by floor movement. If it was a "product" issue only one tile would have cracked. I hope under your new tile you have eliminated all possibilities floor movement or you will have the same issues again.

2 1 Reply

Jul 24, 2014 #845438 Sioux Falls, South Dakota

Your sales person should have warned you about roller chairs (as the one in your picture) they are a no go for almost every product sold - and by using have voided your warranty. Back to your duraceramic cracking issue.....I am willing to bet the concrete surface below the tile was not prepared properly and as a result....the subfloor cracking is transferring to and through the duraceramic tile......and you will have this same issue with proper tile as well.

1 1 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Congoleum. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Congoleum.
Filing a new complaint about