We built a "dream" home in 2006.We have 32 acres, horses, cows, dogs, etc.

The salespeople stated DURASTONE by Congloleum was just as Hard as ceramic, and had a WARRANTY. Less than a yr later - chips, scratches and anything else started showing up. It is a dark Slate color - which makes ANY mark show up noticeably.

After having "inspectors" and the company we bought it from - go round- and round. NOTHING ever got accomplished.

They suck, their product sucks, and I will NEVER reccomend them or their products ever again. Floors that are less than 5 yrs old all now have to be completely replaced. Until then I have to use "testors" model paint and run around touching up SPOTS and SCRATCHES ,just to invite people over.

"DURASTONE/DURACERAMIC?IT SUCKS DO NOT BUY IT, YOU ARE GETTING RIPPED OFF!!!

Had an Experience with Congoleum?

Comments

Truro, Nova Scotia, Canada #696163

I agree , same thing here , can't even recall accidents which would cause the chips I have in my floor , it's garbage , I am going over with ceramic

We installed DuraStone in our kitchen in 2003 and have had no problems with it. It has held up over the years which includes replacing the cabinets.

I had Durastone installed professionally in my kitchen Dec.2005.

Within months I knew I had made a mistake.

The scratches and cracks seemed to multiple overnight and despite carefully cleaning it looks terrible.Boy was this product misnamed.

#451989

I totally agree.I built my home in 2006.

I had to have an inspector come out to see all the scratches, worn surfaces and chips. He said it would definitely be under warranty. The company disagreed and would not do anything about it. It is next to impossible to keep clean and looks horrible unless I use a heavy wax on it.

I hate it.Worst purchase ever.