1.4K views

We had Congoleum Duraceramic tiles professionally installed in our kitchen seven years ago and after two years noticed white wear marks in areas. A dropped fork can dent tile.

We had two tiles replaced near kitchen sink because of wear marks and dent two years after install. More & more white wear marks that look like white paint, but was actually chipping wear marks. Two more tiles were replaced on January 6, 2016 because of white wear marks. Luckily, I had 3-4 spare tiles left from install and flooring contractor replaced free of charge.

I am completely out of spare tiles now and not sure what I will do if floor continues to chip away. There is no heavy traffic in Kitchen and I've been using felt pads under kitchen chairs for years.

In the last few days after calling flooring contractor, I have seen many. many bad reviews on this Congoleum Duraceramic tile same problem, chipping, easily dents and discoloration. I have recently found out there is a class action suit against Congoleum Duraceramic company.

I wished I had researched this Congoleum Duraceramic tile before I purchased it seven years ago. I would not recommend Congoleum Duraceramic tiles. The serviceman that replaced the pictured tiles today told me he has seen this problem a lot lately with Congoleum Duraceramic tiles and just replaced 14 in the last two weeks.

He can add two of mine today. A third one needs to be replaced because of a bad corner, but I only had two spares.

Product or Service Mentioned: Congoleum Tiles.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Quality with product.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Jan 06, 2016.

Comments