We had Congoleum Duraceramic tiles professionally installed in our kitchen seven years ago and after two years noticed white wear marks in areas.A dropped fork can dent tile.
We had two tiles replaced near kitchen sink because of wear marks and dent two years after install. More & more white wear marks that look like white paint, but was actually chipping wear marks. Two more tiles were replaced on January 6, 2016 because of white wear marks. Luckily, I had 3-4 spare tiles left from install and flooring contractor replaced free of charge.
I am completely out of spare tiles now and not sure what I will do if floor continues to chip away. There is no heavy traffic in Kitchen and I've been using felt pads under kitchen chairs for years.
In the last few days after calling flooring contractor, I have seen many. many bad reviews on this Congoleum Duraceramic tile same problem, chipping, easily dents and discoloration. I have recently found out there is a class action suit against Congoleum Duraceramic company.
I wished I had researched this Congoleum Duraceramic tile before I purchased it seven years ago. I would not recommend Congoleum Duraceramic tiles. The serviceman that replaced the pictured tiles today told me he has seen this problem a lot lately with Congoleum Duraceramic tiles and just replaced 14 in the last two weeks.
He can add two of mine today.A third one needs to be replaced because of a bad corner, but I only had two spares.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Quality with product
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Product or service
- Congoleum Duraceramic Tile
- Review category
- Building Products
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I purchased a metal frame building from Versa Tube, which their engineers designed for the area of Minnesota I live in. The building collapsed! I purchased a VersaTube metal frame..."
- "Installed spring 2008. Looked great as I expected. No problems with installers. Within months noticed a gouge from a dropped cooking utensil. Obviously not a good thing for any floor..."
- "I cleaned the decks with cleaner waited 48 hours then swept the deck before painting. The decks were painted one coat let dry over night then 2nd coat applied, one..."
- "So it's obvious someone here go pissed and couldn't wait for their gear, caught an attitude with John, the owner of SOE and got fired as a customer.So here's the..."
- "RANT...1000.......I KNOW YOU KNEW THIS DAY WAS COMMING?............WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND!! ***!!!! HOW THE *** YOU GONNA POST MY 20 YEAR OLD CRIMINAL RECORD ON LINE ...MAKE UP FAKE..."
- "All three half-time announcers on CBS just pronounced our State name, and that of the University of Nevada, incorrectly! Why do the live game announcers correctly pronounce the University of..."
- "I recently ordered a Sunsetter awing. The installer they recommend in Milwaukee was Gutter Glove. The rep. came and took our order and a substantial down payment. The awning took..."
- " I still absolutely LOVE my tops! I have to admit that I was a little skeptical at first after having read reviews concerning issues with leaking. As..."
- "I have a brand new DeLonghi upright (radiator) heater that almost started a house fire! It melted the outlet and the outlet cover plate, fried my lighting plug that was..."