I replaced my flooring in July 2011 with Duraceramic because I was told it was extremely durable and had a great guarantee.Six months later the top layer of the flooring wore off everywhere we had chairs, even though I had felt pads on the bottoms.
This was not 6 years! It was 6 months. I was also told during installation that if a tile was ever damaged it could be simply replaced by heating the old one, peeling it off and replacing with a new one. When I called C & R carpet (Fredericksburg, VA) with my complaint, the manager came to my house and made all kinds of excuses for this product.
First he said I didn't clean it properly, then he said I used poor felt on the chairs, then he said it was normal wear. I kept getting angrier and angrier until he finally said he would contact Congoleum. Congoleum sent a rep and then sent an independent analyst with a camera and test tubes (literally). A month later the installer called me and said congoleum would replace the damaged tiles.
They sent 4 boxes and I was content with the solution. The installer came a week or so later and began to replace the tile. He spent 45 minutes with a scraper and torch to get up one (1) tile! The tile was in hundreds of pieces and the old linoleum underneath it was destroyed.
He concluded it was impossible and that the whole floor needed to be replaced. He put one of the new tiles in it's place and now it is uneven with the rest of the floor and is a different shade due to the lot color variation. Needless to say, it is an eyesore. After discussing the matter with C & R, who was working with Congoleum, the manager handed me off to a Congoleum rep.
i discussed the matter with her and she stated congoleum already tried to rectify my complaint. I explained the fact that the tile was nearly impossible to remove and that I had an odd and uneven spot in my kitchen. She said she would see what Congoleum could do for me. She never called back or made any effort- just blew me off.
I am so angry over this I would like to get a class action law suit going.
I waited 6 months and now I am ready to take action, including calling 7 on your side.Please let me know if you would like to band together to take action.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Review category
- Home Construction and Repair
You May Also Like
- "We already left a review of Charles Brzezinski and CBCS but please disregard that review as it was forced out of us because Charles held our project hostage until my..."
- "After 5 years the structure of the so called QUALITY home is starting to rotten (door frame on back door, design balcony on main entry), questionable roof construction, VERY questionable..."
- "hello to everyone here I wish there would be somekind of class action suite against them there are complaints everywhere my story is I bought a home from clayton homes..."
- "Im on my 9th and final call. I ordered a 90.00 gourmet basket from this company for my father for Fathers Day. To this very day I have yet to..."
- "When I had bought the house a couple months ago I noticed that water was overshooting the gutters. At that time Gutter Helmet was already on the house. I had..."
- "I bought a University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill Hooded Sweatshirt from FansEdge. About one year after the purchase, when I removed the sweatshirt from the washing machine, I noticed the..."
- "We special ordered a 36" and 32" MasterCraft exterior doors. We have installed many doors and have never had leakage issues until these 2 doors. First large rain they leaked..."
- "This company lied and said they attempted to deliver a package at 8:04 pm at night to a business, little do they know I have several cameras surrounding the parameters..."
- "Ava's Flowers charged me $60 for the most pathetic arrangement that wasn't even remotely close to what I ordered. I was so embarrassed. I sent it to a client contact..."